This combo will send your taste buds on a rollercoaster. when they say a party in your mouth, this…..yes this is what they meant. I’m almost sure of it. The mixture of textures and flavors is what does it. Let’s dive right in shall we.
Pineapple Garlic Honey Shrimp Tacos
- 1-2lbs Of Super Colossal Shrimp
- Pack of Small Flour Tortillas
- Small Red Cabbage
- White Vinegar
- Garlic/Pineapple juice/Honey
- Ancho Chilli Powder, Smoked Paprika, & Seasalt
- House Autry seafood breader
- Frying oil
- Fresh chopped onions and Cilantro
- Fresh Pineapple(diced)
- I started with the red cabbage earlier in the morning. I sliced it real thin (only use a quarter of a head. you don’t need much) and put in in a bowl filled with vinegar. just enough to cover it. I let that soak for a few hours before I got to anything else
- I set up my little fryer that I talked about on the Stuffed Catfish Recipe, its super easy to set up and move around and perfect for quick jobs(you can also purchase it on my Amazon link which is located in the menu section above)Set it on 350
- You want to have everything already prepared like you onions and cilantro chopped. Also dice that pineapple up.
- So go ahead and make the Pineapple Garlic Honey which is super simple. Pineapple Juice, Garlic Paste, and Honey. I heat a sauce pan and add about a cup maybe a little less of pineapple juice. then I let it boils and reduce, ones its reduced a bit meaning some of that water has evaporated add the honey, about a cup and stir in let it bubble up then add about 2 tablespoons of garlic paste- reduce heat and stir. There are rough measurements you can definitely eyeball it and see a good consistency and add more of something if need be. like I said super simple and its done sit it to the side to cool. It will thicken as it cools. I threw my diced pineapple in there at this point and let it do its thing.
- I take the shells and tails off of my shrimp and lay them out on paper towels then transfer to my cutting board sprinkle all over with my ancho chili powder, smoked Paprika, and sea salt. Then toss in my house Autry, make sure to get it completely covered.
- Now drop those babies in the hot oil, now with the method that we used here you will not have a thick breading. when you pull them out it will be slightly crusted but not significantly “Breaded” and that’s ok don’t panic. lay them out on paper towel to drain the oil off
- Here we are!!! Now we can put it all together. I layered the red cabbage, then the shrimp, then the sauce and pineapples, last the onion and Cilantro.
See how Vibranty the colors are..now taste it! MMMM..The acidity and crunch from the Cabbage, The tender Smoky Salty Shrimp, The sweetness from the honey and pineapple, then to top it all off the traditional onions and cilantro. Yes do you feel it? the Happy place! *Motions a rainbow*
As always share this recipe and follow for more taste bud strokin’ recipes, Thanks for Cooking With FoodDealer and Remember my measurements are my measurements Just sprinkle until the ancestors tell you that’s enough my child.